Conditions for sending lithium vary depending on the chosen method of transport (by road or by air), but the following general conditions apply:
New lithium batteries and cells inside/contained in equipment
- Max. lithium content per cell: 1 gr / 20 wh; max. lithium content per battery: 2 gr /100 wh
- Max 4 cells or 2 batteries per device per shipment
- Batteries and cells that are not inserted in a device and loose batteries/cells are not allowed to be sent.
- Built-in cells and batteries must be prevented from discharging and must be securely packaged within a rigid outerpacking.
- There may be no danger of overheating or short-circuiting • Batteries must be free of damage / defects and must be approved.